Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 09:53:09PM -0500, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> > I'm no FreeBSD advocate. In truth, I believe that they could use a lot of
> > help from us, as they're lagging behind. But that's not what I'm going to
> > talk about. I have a rule; I won't put down any one variant unless I'm
> > doing a comparison. And this isn't a comparison.
> >
> > I personally can see absolutely *no* reason NOT to do Debian/GNU FreeBSD.
> > Nor do I see any reason not to do Debian/GNU Hurd. Or any other open
> > source unix variant that there is.
>
> There's no reason not to do it really... but who would use it?

The people who use FreeBSD for some reason but like the Debian system.
(Debian system contrary to Linux kernel).  However I don't know how
many these are.  How many people will use Debian GNU/Hurd when it
will be releaased in a year?

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds