Re: New imlib packages -- please test

Hi,

> time). One of the persistent problems I've had with libtool-built library
> packages is that the shared library dependencies aren't done right, because of
> a regexp in ltconfig that assumes that file(1)'s description of a linux shared
> library will include the string "32-bit LSB shared object" in it. 'file'
> returns "MSB shared object" on my (big-endian) system, and I assume Alphas
> will specify 64-bit objects. I end up with a lot of warnings about "I can
> arrange for dependency information to be placed in the library for -lpng.. if
> you have shared libraries, which you don't".

Two people sent me patches (sorry, I forgot their names for this issue.
The regexp now looks like this in the Debianized imlib source:

  check_shared_deplibs_method='file_magic ELF [0-9][0-9]-bit [ML]SB shared
object'

This should fix your problem, right?  I'll do an upload to master sometime
today.

-Ossama
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26