Re: New imlib packages -- please test

> > time). One of the persistent problems I've had with libtool-built library
> > packages is that the shared library dependencies aren't done right,
> > because of a regexp in ltconfig that assumes that file(1)'s description of
> > a linux shared library will include the string "32-bit LSB shared object"
> > in it. 'file' returns "MSB shared object" on my (big-endian) system, and I
> > assume Alphas will specify 64-bit objects. I end up with a lot of warnings
> > about "I can arrange for dependency information to be placed in the
> > library for -lpng.. if you have shared libraries, which you don't".
>
> Two people sent me patches (sorry, I forgot their names for this issue.
> The regexp now looks like this in the Debianized imlib source:
>
>   check_shared_deplibs_method='file_magic ELF [0-9][0-9]-bit [ML]SB shared
> object'
>
> This should fix your problem, right?  I'll do an upload to master sometime
> today.

I think that should do it. gimp-1.1.2 uses the following for linux-gnu* :

  deplibs_check_method='file_magic ELF [0-9][0-9]*-bit [LM]SB (shared object|dynamic lib )'

gimp's ltconfig also claims to be version 1.2e, but the latest libtool I can
find is 1.2d, so they probably pulled something out of libtool CVS or patched
it by hand to fix this particular problem.

Once libtool-1.3 comes out, we can just pester the authors to upgrade...

thanks,
 -Brian