Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 16, 1999

On Tuesday 16 February 1999, at 7 h 23, the keyboard of "Marcelo E. Magallon"
<mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> wrote:

>  Just before someone starts sending the Men in White this
>  way... there's a configuration (I think it's Workstation Std) which
>  installs two conflicting packages, asclock and afterstep.  Could
>  someone care to check if there are any more of those?

I am in charge of these pre-defined sets of packages. And, no, the automatic checker does not check conflicts (yes, it's on the TODO list, once I'll master pkg_order), just dependencies.

The conflict is a bug, IMHO. asclock refuses an afterstep which is <= 1.4.5.3-1 while the one in slink is precisely 1.4.5.3-1. So we have two conflicting packages in slink...

Since asclock is not in the master list, it's not a real problem for the boot-floppies package.