Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:

>On Friday 12 February 1999, at 15 h 54, the keyboard of Wichert Akkerman
><wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
>
>> > jdk1.1            32548  Java doesn't work at all for me on slink [13]  (=
>> Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>)
>>
>> I vaguely remember someone fixing this?

In message id <[🔎] 873e4cdihq.fsf@chinchilla.clifton-labs.com>,
dmartin@clifton-labs.com (Dale E. Martin)  claims that "The latest and
greatest" release of the jdk fixed it for him. It isn't fixed here
with the latest version of jdk that I could find:

pc195:~$dpkg --status jdk1.1
Package: jdk1.1
Section: non-free/devel
Installed-Size: 11972
Maintainer: Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>
Version: 1.1.7v1a-2

> >I don't find it really fixed (it is a dpkg problem with symlinks,
> at its root) but there is a documented workaround (deinstalling, rm
> -rf /usr/lib/jdk1.1, and reinstalling) , so I agree it can be seen as
> non-release critical. Sam, do you agree to downgrade it?

Is there really no way of fixing this or working around it? Ian?

Having java stop working after upgrading from hamm to slink isn't
ideal...

Chris