Re: Modem question

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 12:44:01PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> > I'd say it is rather often seen, esp. when you have multiple braindead
> > telephone switchboards until you reach 'free' signal, and that is usual
> > in big companies.
>
> I'll put something in about it.

Good.

> > BTW you should advertise pppconfig a little bit more,...
>
> How?

As other people said, there sure are many ways. I can help you
with the web page (I suppose the URL is not in question:
if it's going to be a low volume one.

I mentioned it because I've even seen some Debian users that
don't know about it, who were trying to setup ppp dialing.
Of course, it all seemed easy once they've *heard* the word
pppconfig.

> > ...it is *good*.
>
> Thank you.  Gives me some much-needed incentive to get the next version
> out.

Great. Believe me, some people *are* using pppconfig and the only thing
that stops them from saying anything is that the thing works, so they
don't feel the need to shout "this crap doesn't work!!!" which is rather
often heard WRT other ppp dialers, unfortunately.