Re: Modem question

Michael writes:
> I see. I'd like to see pppconfig to be complex enough to handle this fairly
> common scenario.

If it is common I'll put in a screen for it.  I don't see very many
questions about it, though.  I'm trying to cover all the common scenarios
with specific screens and provide enough more general stuff in the
"advanced" menu to cover everything else chat is capable of.  Pppconfig is
up to 39k of perl and I think more than half of that is explanatory text,
so I don't want to add screens most people don't need.  Having gettext-perl
in Base would help a lot (It would also make it possible to
internationalize pppconfig).

I'm giving serious consideration to using perl instead of chat.  Chat
syntax is painful, and it can't handle a lot of things at all.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)