Re: X and xterm suid root in new X packages?

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 10:26:53AM +0100, Petr Cech wrote:
> But isn't it a problem, that they were installed _not_ suid root,
> so the cron job got them and fixed. That's strange.
> (at least that way I understand that suidregister message)

You're misreading.  The cron job did not change the permissions on those
files, it just reported that the permissions (either for real, or in
suidmanager's notion of what they should be) had changed since the last
time suidmanager took a look at them (probably 24 hours earlier).

The postinst scripts of xserver-common and xterm are what set the
permissions of /usr/bin/X11/X and /usr/bin/X11/xterm.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   The noble soul has reverence for itself.