Re: RFC: new network config (was: Re: network configuration)

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 07:40:27AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
<snip>
> > BTW: Can I assume that everybody will use a kernel greater 1.3.100 ?
> > (kernel sets some routes automatically nowadays !)
>
> you could use 'uname -r' to detect the kernel version and have conditional
> behaviour depending on version.

Actually I have a nice little shell script for properly comparing
kernel version numbers.. (less then, equal or less then, greater then,
equal or greater then, and equal to)

Its in the tleds package, but I'd be willing to move it out if someone
has a good place for it?

(Its own package would be excessive)

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--