Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 4, 1999

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, BugScan reporter wrote:

> Bug stamp-out list for Feb  4 00:02 (CST)
>
> Total number of release-critical bugs: 18

> Package: apache (main)
> Maintainer: Johnie Ingram <johnie@debian.org>
>   32204  user directories allow symlinks to other files

We had two solutions to this.  One was to turn of AllowSymLinks in /home,
the other was to allow turn on SymLinksIfOwnerMatch.  netgod - which do
you like, or are both unacceptable?

> Package: dpkg (main)
> Maintainer: Ian Jackson and others <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
>   17624  dpkg: installs regular dir when .deb contains symlink !
>   21182  dpkg: dpkg can go into an infinite loop with --force-configure-any
>   28519  dpkg: dpkg creates circular symlinks
>   28817  dpkg takes no care over libdpkg

I thought we agreed this one was bogus?

>   30090  weirdass dpkg coredumps and xbase upgrade insanity
>   32635  URGENT: dpkg Conflicts & Replaces errors
>

> Package: perl-suid (main)
> Maintainer: Darren Stalder <torin@daft.com>
>   31904  [B.A.McCauley@BHAM.AC.UK: Secuity hole with perl (suidperl) and nosuid mounts on Linux]

Darren said he'd fixed this on -devel yesterday.

Jules