Re: Gnome-apt debs now available

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Mitch Blevins wrote:
>
> > You can fetch both gnome-apt and the required cvs version of
> > apt by adding the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> > deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/gnome-apt ./
>
> It is customary to use an entry like
>
> deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin gnome-apt/
>
> That gives nicer displays with APT - to do so you must generate the
> package file in ~mblevin and put it in gnome-apt.

I don't want to put a Packages in my base public_html, but
you can also access this thru

deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/apt gnome-apt/

> > Please do _not_ send bug reports to the BTS.  Send bugs directly
> > to Havoc <hp@debian.org> and copy any packaging bugs to me
> > <mblevin@debian.org>
>
> Might just say 'send them to apt@packages.debian.org' which is this list
> that you and havoc are on - it also should be listed as the maintainer
> field for gnome-apt.

*Retraction*
Please send all bug reports/suggestions to apt@packages.debian.org

> > **DISCLAIMER**
> > gnome-apt is ALPHA software, and manipulates the package database
> > for your system.  Please do not use unless you are willing to get
> > your hands dirty or take risks.
>
> Well, it might call dpkg with funny args but manipulates the package
> database is kinda overkill :>

An earlier version of gnome-apt caused the CD-ROM to eject so forcefully
that the CD flew across the room and I came _this_ close to spending
the rest of my life with a Greatful Dead CD embedded 2 inches into my
skull.  Please use Caution. ;)

-Mitch