WARNING: Re: debhelper & /usr/bin/passwd

Good greif. I'm sorry about this snafu. You weren't hit by an exploit
attempt, just by a debhelper package I managed to leave some junk in. This
is fixed in version 1.2.29, and it only affected version 1.2.28.

Background:

	Yesterday I fixed a bug in dh_link, bug #23255. That bug concerns a
different package that diverts /usr/bin/{passwd,chsh,chfn}, and needed to
set up some symlinks from "sysdb-wrapper" to them using dh_link. As I tested
dh_link, I created a debian/links file that generated those 3 symlinks. And
then I forgot to remove it and when debhelper built, it happily made the 3
symlinks in the binary package.

I'd say installing debhelper 1.2.28 with --force-conflicts is a _very_ bad
idea. So long as you don't force things dpkg won't let it install all the
way or remove /usr/bin/{passwd,chsh,chfn}. As I said, I've verified that
1.2.29 doesn't have this problem. If you install debhelper 1.2.29 and find
yourself missing /usr/bin/{passwd,chsh,chfn}, you'll have to reinstall
passwd.deb to get them back.