Re: make mutt the `standard' mail reader

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 01:45:18PM -0500, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 03:17:00PM +0100, Alexander N. Benner wrote:

> > > Package               Vote   Old Recent Unknown
> > > elm-me+                 55    25    45    18
> > > mutt-i                  43    16     6    13
> > > mutt                    39     4    42    14
[...]
> > > pine                    62     8     3    10
> >                                 ^^^
> > Does that meen that nearly noone is interested in upgrading pine ... ;-)
>
> No... the 8 is people who have installed the pine package, but haven't run
> the binary in a long time.  3 is people who have upgraded pine within the
> last 24 hours or so; this is unusually low for a package, but since you have
> to build pine yourself from sources and they probably release less often,
> it's not too surprising.

So this means that elm-me+ is almost never used by those 55 who have it
installed?

This would lead me to think that most of the 55 people have only installed
elm-me+ because it is priority standard, and are never using it.

=> mutt should be the standard mail reader.

BTW: Whoever said that elm-me+ is actively maintained, should take a look at
the maintainer: It is Michael Elkins (me). Now, take a look at mutt. Who is
the author? Correct. Michael Elkins.

Marcus