Re: make mutt the `standard' mail reader

On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 12:55:10AM -0700, Bruce Sass wrote:

> It looks like pine has a pretty loyal following,
> in spite of it being handicapped...
>
> Maybe this is the reason why:
> (from a quick peek at the BTS ~30 min ago)
>
> number of bugs in ...        elm-me+   pine    mutt
>                              -------   ----    ----
> outstanding	normal		0	0	7
> 		wishlist	0	1	6
> forwarded	normal		0	2	9
> 		wishlist	0	2	7
> resolved	normal		2	0	12
> 		wishlist	0	0	3
> 			       ---     ---     ---
> 				2	5	44
>
> Which one(s) would you look at if you were going to stake your
> reputation, or a portion thereof, by recommending a `standard'
> piece of software?

Have you read any of the bugs attached to mutt?  I have spent some time
doing just that.  At least one of the bugs I saw against mutt was only
marginally related to mutt at all, having to do with how keys are handled
and that I found within three minutes, much of that page loading time.

As for pine, it has MANY bugs that simply go unreported because the users
of pine are aware that many of these bugs are design flaws and cannot be
fixed.  And by my own reading of your numbers I read 0, 5, 29.  In that
case, elm-me+ wins hands down.  =>

--
"There is infinite time.  You are finite.  Zathras is finite.  This is ..
wrong tool."