Re: cleanfeed as debian package?

Quoting Hamish Moffatt (hamish@debian.org):
> At the same time, is it a bit odd that we ship everything we package
> all together? We wouldn't expect a commercial OS vendor to ship every
> available piece of software with the OS.
>
> Having everything packaged is terrific, it sometimes just seems a bit weird
> that we include everything with no separation of the core OS.

But debian isn't trying to charge for every available piece of software.
How would we define the core OS? Commercial vendors use the "what the
market will bear" approach, which doesn't apply to debian. (E.g., how
come Sun's RAID software is a pay item and IRIX' is included? Should
debian include RAID or charge for it?)

Mike Stone