Omissions from non-us archives?

I'm a new subscriber to this list (but a long-time Debian user!), so
please excuse if this is already well-discussed, but:

I've found that the non-us distribution site(s) are layed out in such
a way that it's hard to get apt to download from them.  And there are
some packages that aren't even symlinked into the 'potato' non-us
directory.

Is there some reorganization in progress, or is this just a
long-standing organizational problem?
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."