Re: Termcap and Libc5/6 with Debian Problems...

On 31 Dec 1998, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu> writes:
> 	   Now, how, if possible, can one get this binary running? I imagine
>    that I need a libtermcap2 built/linked with libc6. Does such a debian
>    package exists? Or do I need to go find the sources and built it myself?
>
> AFAIK there is no libtermcap precompiled for Debian, since we use
> ncurses with everything.  I think your best bet is to fetch the
> sources for the libtermcap-compat package and attempt to build it for
> libc6.

	Yea, that is what I figured. Though I went and grabbed the source
to termcap-compat, uncompressed it, ran 'debian/rules binary' in the
resulting directory, and then installed the resulting debian package. The
resulting library according to ldd was linked with libc6, while the one in
the original termcap-compat package had been linked with lic5.
	After resolving a few ncurse version issues (yes, this annoying
program is linked with both termcap and ncurses!), I got it to work just
fine. Thanks for everyone's help!

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |