Re: Omissions from non-us archives?

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 10:19:44PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> I'm a new subscriber to this list (but a long-time Debian user!), so
> please excuse if this is already well-discussed, but:
>
> I've found that the non-us distribution site(s) are layed out in such
> a way that it's hard to get apt to download from them.  And there are
> some packages that aren't even symlinked into the 'potato' non-us
> directory.
>
> Is there some reorganization in progress, or is this just a
> long-standing organizational problem?

It's a bug of some description, it seems. The symlinks in dists/
are not consistent with the top level symlinks, and the packages file for
slink is the one from potato (so it boasts newer versions of packages
than it really has).

Try this:

deb http://www.rising.com.au/debian-non-US dists/slink/non-US/binary-$(ARCH)/

(A server of mine. By using dists/slink... instead of just
frozen/binary-$(ARCH), you fix the first problem (wrong top level symlinks);
I regenerate the slink Packages.gz file after mirroring to fix the second).

nonus.debian.org has been refusing FTP connections all day though.

Hamish