Re: tetex-bin postinst seems buggy

christoph.martin@uni-mainz.de writes:
> hilliard@flinet.com (Bob Hilliard) writes:
>

> >      During a test upgrade using apt-get last night, the following
> > error message appeared while "Setting up tetex-bin (0.9-7)":
> >
> > > cp: missing destination file
> > > Try `cp --help' for more information.
> > > /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/xdvi/XDvi not a file.
> >
> >      This message was repeated eight more times, with a different file
> > name each time.  There was a substantial pause - well over a minute -
> > each time.
>
> All these files should be symbolic links to real files in
> /etc/texmf. It is really working this way. Could you please check
> whether the links really point to files. Perhaps you were short of
> diskspace while installing ???

     I can't check now - this was my upgrade test partition, and I
have now restored it to the bo status.  As soon as I have an
opportunity, I will repeat the test.  If the problem is repeated, I
will check the links.   Is there anything else you would like me to
check while I'm at it?

     The partition, according to df had 967677 blocks total and 420416
blocks used before starting the upgrade, so it was not short of disk
space.  This was a pure bo system; I upgraded using apt-get
dist-upgrade.  My local mirror had been last updated on June 27.  The
versions in the mirror are tetex-bin_0.9-7.deb and
tetex-base_0.9-9.deb.  Following as the part of the script record
pertaining to tetex-bin configuration:

   Setting up tetex-bin (0.9-7) ...
   cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/xdvi/XDvi not a file.
   cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps
   not a file.cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd:
   /usr/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat not a file.
   cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/xdvi/XDvi not a file.
   cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps
   not a file.cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd:
   /usr/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat not a file.
   texhash: Updating /usr/lib/texmf/local/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Updating /var/spool/texmf/ls-R...
   texhash: Done.
   Running initex. This may take some time. ...
   cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/xdvi/XDvi not a file.
   cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps
   not a file.cp: missing destination file
   Try `cp --help' for more information.
   /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd:
   /usr/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat not a file.
   /usr/bin/texconfig: /tmp/texconf4774/logfile: No such file or
   directory
   Output of initex is in /tmp/tex04772aaa

   If you want to change the default settings,
   use /usr/bin/texconfig to configure teTeX.