tetex-bin postinst seems buggy

     During a test upgrade using apt-get last night, the following
error message appeared while "Setting up tetex-bin (0.9-7)":

> cp: missing destination file
> Try `cp --help' for more information.
> /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/xdvi/XDvi not a file.

     This message was repeated eight more times, with a different file
name each time.  There was a substantial pause - well over a minute -
each time.

     I have never used tex or tetex, and have no idea how to tell if
the package is functional (I included it on my test partition just to
get more packages to exercise the upgrade procedures), but apt-get update
reports "Checking system integrity...ok".

     I am hesitant to file a bug without knowing more about the
package.  If tetex is functional, it would be normal severity, but if
not it would be important or serious.

Bob
--
   _