Re: tetex-bin postinst seems buggy

hilliard@flinet.com (Bob Hilliard) writes:

>      During a test upgrade using apt-get last night, the following
> error message appeared while "Setting up tetex-bin (0.9-7)":
>
> > cp: missing destination file
> > Try `cp --help' for more information.
> > /usr/lib/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /usr/lib/texmf/xdvi/XDvi not a file.
>
>      This message was repeated eight more times, with a different file
> name each time.  There was a substantial pause - well over a minute -
> each time.

All these files should be symbolic links to real files in
/etc/texmf. It is really working this way. Could you please check
whether the links really point to files. Perhaps you were short of
diskspace while installing ???

>      I have never used tex or tetex, and have no idea how to tell if
> the package is functional (I included it on my test partition just to
> get more packages to exercise the upgrade procedures), but apt-get update
> reports "Checking system integrity...ok".
>
>      I am hesitant to file a bug without knowing more about the
> package.  If tetex is functional, it would be normal severity, but if
> not it would be important or serious.

Please check, if this is really a problem in the package or with your
particular installation situation.

Christoph