Re: Maintainers file now generated from dsc files

Guy Maor <maor@debian.org> writes:

> No, you're right, but it's always been like this in most cases.  But
> since the great majority of bugs aren't architecture specific, it's
> probably not worth spending the time fixing it.
>
> In the cases where two different source packages produce the same
> binary (such as xfree86 and xfree86-corel for example), the system
> would pick the i386 version as determining the Maintainer, and there
> would be no way to file a bug against xfree86-corel.  Now the source
> which generates the `all' architecture is picked, and one can file a
> bug against source packages.

It doesn't seem to be working quite right:

(from the Maintainers file)

binutils             Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
binutils-dev         Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
binutils-multiarch   Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
cpp                  Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
gcc                  Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>

I'm not the i386 maintainer for those packages.  I maintain
binutils-corel (soon to be defunct) and gcc-corel (likely stay around
for awhile).

I was listed as the maintainer for the X packages as well - but that
was fixed when I asked for the xfree86-corel package to be removed.

Cheers,

 - Jim