Re: Perl 5.005 in Unstable (9th or 10th of January)

On Sun, Dec 27, 1998 at 06:54:39PM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> Darren, will we keep Perl 5.004 in unstable as well? I'm concerned that
> we will have to recompile all the perl module packages..

Currently due to our arrangement with perl we are unable to do such,
please see the debian-devel archives for the last time we tried perl
5.005, its going to be messy, but, with luck, hopefully we will manage
to get it done in such a way that we can rename perl to perl5.005 and
then be able to have a perl5.006 etc later, thus hopefully avoiding such
a mess next time..

Then again, we did not have much support for such work last time because
it means a good bit more work /now/ in changing the packages..

Ah well, time will tell..

Zephaniah E, Hull.