Re: Maintainers file now generated from dsc files

Bart Warmerdam <bartw@xs4all.nl> writes:

>   As I see it, people working soly on ports are affected by this. They are
>   always overruled by a all or any fields since they don't own packages.
>   But I may be wrong here though...

No, you're right, but it's always been like this in most cases.  But
since the great majority of bugs aren't architecture specific, it's
probably not worth spending the time fixing it.

In the cases where two different source packages produce the same
binary (such as xfree86 and xfree86-corel for example), the system
would pick the i386 version as determining the Maintainer, and there
would be no way to file a bug against xfree86-corel.  Now the source
which generates the `all' architecture is picked, and one can file a
bug against source packages.

Guy