Re: Linux 2.0.36 in slink?

On Sun, Dec 20, 1998 at 07:02:30PM -0800, Oscar Levi wrote:
> > You mean the flamewars?  Those have been around much longer than I have.
> > Running Debian is essentially herding cats.  You get one to cooperate and
> > the rest decide they want to do something else.  This is probably a
> > frustration to anyone trying to accomplish a group goal, but in the end
> > it's also one of our strengths.
>
> No.  I don't mean flamers.
>
> I mean people who try several distributions and pick one that
> installs.  If more than one passes this test, they see which one comes
> with their favorite program.  Right now, the flashy test is a good X
> ui.  Most importantly, though, hamm is dated.

Those are users, not the developers.  This is not dissent among
developers, it's indecision among users.

You were arguing against the one proposal I've seen to help make releases
easier to make faster without compromising quality in another thread, but
you haven't yet given a reason why the change is bad and you haven't
addressed why some of us believe the changes are good, only that in your
mind the changes aren't going to solve the whole problem.  The parts of
the problem it doesn't solve seem not to be archive related.

Not to mix threads but I can see a problem it doesn't address and that's
the need to keep source CD images at least around for 3 years or so.

--
NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!