Re: Linux 2.0.36 in slink?

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 08:52:22AM -0800, Oscar Levi wrote:
> > We're better than that aren't we?  Isn't that why most of us are Debian
> > users and many became Debian developers--because Redhat's rushed and
> > buggy releases are frustrating at the very least and because we felt we
> > could do better than that?
>
> Perhaps we have gone too far the other way?  RedHat is
> frustrating...and so is Debian.  Have you've missed the dissent among
> Debian attempters?

You mean the flamewars?  Those have been around much longer than I have.
Running Debian is essentially herding cats.  You get one to cooperate and
the rest decide they want to do something else.  This is probably a
frustration to anyone trying to accomplish a group goal, but in the end
it's also one of our strengths.

--
NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!