Re: Intent to package `recite'

hi

Ship's Log, Lt. Charles Briscoe-Smith, Stardate 141298.2139:

> I'm currently part-way through porting it to Linux and OSS (`open sound
> system', not `open source software'...).

Will it work with normal sound too?

Are there any other programs to read a text to you?
(I know of the resyth package, but I cannot get it to work good)

<FLAME>
My A500 (1990) had a speak:device which could read text without any Problem ;-)
</FLAME>

Greetings
--
Alexander N. Benner -*- Nikodemus@innocent.com -*- Ephesians 6:12 , John 1:5

She relaxed just a little, [..] "I'm hardly presentable..." [..] Hardly
presentable! Wasn't it strange, the way humans looked at themselves with eyes
of flesh [..] But to the angels, she appeared as God Himself saw her, just as
any other redeemed saint of the living God: pure, shining, clean, dressed in
garments as white as snow.          PIERCING THE DARKNESS by Frank E. Peretti