Re: debian list summaries

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 12:33:06AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I suggest we do this: when one week passess from the last
> posting on devel-announce, or a thread ends, somebody has
> to ask for or make a summary on that thread (if it has
> developed enough). The summary then passed to the
> one who posts to devel-announce, to be merged with
> other summaries, and posted there.

This (in general) sounds like a great idea.

A similar thing used to happen in the weekly Be newsletters -- one
of the Be engineers would provide a summary of some (far from all) of
the interesting threads on the bedevtalk mailing list. Usually about a
paragraph each, mentioning some of the better ideas explicitly and giving
a list of subject headers if you want to look back over the archives.
Threads that went on for more than a week got entries in two or more
newsletters, if there was interesting discussion in both weeks.

FWIW.

Cheers,
aj