GTK and related libs should reside in /usr/X11R6

Hello,

while writting a GTK+ application with a widget written for it I
came to the following problem.  I used

  make prefix=/usr/X11R6 install

to get the program installed under the X11R6 subtree, cause it runs
under X.  (The program is the PAUL image viewer.)  I wanted to ship
a widget to select image regions (will be called gtkimreg) in a
separate package, to make it available independently from paul.
Make installs this under /usr/X11R6/lib/libgtkimreg.so.  OK so far.
But I wanted it to be installed beneath the other libgtk* stuff and had
to move it to /usr/lib

This is a great inconsequence in my opinion.  According to the
policy all stuff which runs under X11 should go to /usr/X11R6.
That means that libgdk and libgtk shuld go there because they
don't run without X.  libglib should stay in /usr/lib (because
it don't need X.

What about this proposal?

Kind regards

        Andreas.