Re: GTK and related libs should reside in /usr/X11R6

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 07:03:27PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

[...]

> This is a great inconsequence in my opinion.  According to the
> policy all stuff which runs under X11 should go to /usr/X11R6.
> That means that libgdk and libgtk shuld go there because they
> don't run without X.  libglib should stay in /usr/lib (because
> it don't need X.
>
> What about this proposal?

I agree completely. There are far too many other libs like this in
/usr/lib too; they should go to /usr/X11R6/lib. Likewise with binaries.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.