Re: Proposed recompilation to remove dependency on libc6 2.0.7u

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> If I recall correctly these 0packages come with a predependency
> for libc.  Thus dselect has to install libc first.  Or did I get something
> wrong here?

dselect does nothing by itself. It depends on the access method.
Some access methods do package ordering before installing. Some others
don't.

For those users that do not have a package ordering method in dselect
we should try to make the Debian upgrade as user-friendly as we can.

Recompiling a few random essential packages from source (those who have
a wrong depends line) is a way to do that.

Is user-friendlyness not important enough when the only required thing is
to recompile a few packages?

--
 "3869ec6a7b61f95388abdb1cc9b9a5c3" (a truly random sig)