Re: New section in potato?

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 11:00:23PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:

> I have thought about a special section for gnome as well.  Somebody
> started a discussion with me on IRC so I had to discuss it with him
> (which I appreciated).
>
> If there should be a gnome section installed in potato it should only
> contain core Gnome packages and not highlevel Gnome Applications that
> work perfectly with other systems (noGnome, noKDE, KDE, CDE, UDE
> etc.).

This is extremely reasonable and fits in with the current structure of
the archive.

What we really need, and what the proposers are really looking for, is
for package keywords to be implemented. The package selector can then
use these to do more effective searches for packages. The organization
of the archive is independent of the keywords.

Jay Treacy