Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Ben Collins wrote:
> My idea on a "Bug Group" was not so totalitarian when auditing bugs. They
> would basically start by contacting maintainers to see what the status was
> on all bugs that were higher than normal severity. The maintainers would
> respond in 1 of 4 ways:
>
> 1) I am fixing the bug
> 2) I am unable to fix this bug, I may need help
> 3) I am not fixing this bug, I am busy, not interested.... (this may be
> bad but possible)
> 4) They do not respond with in an alotted time period (say 1 to 2 weeks)

This is what I did when I made the original Bug Squash list for hamm.
It did help.  And I think it can be done by one person (I did :-),
which makes it much easier to coordinate.  The responses should show
up in the public list pretty quickly, for the feedback process to
work.  So I hereby nominate Wichert for this job.  *evil grin*

Richard Braakman