Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 04:45:24PM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> It seemed to me that you lumped #3 and #4 together in the possiblity of having
> the package moved to wnpp for adoption.  Mind you, I'm not saying it's a
> totally bad idea, I worry a bit about package that have been abandoned w/o the
> maintainer telling Debian (or Debian being abandoned by the person without us
> being told) but I think a measure like that would require TIGHT controls...
> maybe even some Real World(tm) action like a telephone call....

Actually I only meant that it be moved to wnpp if the maintainer was
contacted yet showed little interest in maintaing the package or stated
he/she was no longer going to do so and had failed to notify any one. That
was only an indirect possibility, the main point was to get the bugs fixed
by finding out the status in an organized manner.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org