Re: [Re: Nomination talks] IRC is unacceptable

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 12:37:28 -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> Sorry, but IRC is the best way to see what a person is really like

I'm not sure I agree with this. I think it is more like: IRC, being much
more closer to synchronous communication, offers a different perspective on
what a person is like than what you get from email alone.

Speaking for myself, I'm not a native speaker of English. Although I have
the impression that my level of English is acceptable, I find it often
easier to express myself over mail than on IRC, as with mail I have time to
think about how I want to phrase things, which takes away some of the
"handicap" of not being a native speaker.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go