Re: Location of Debian developers (Was: PGP key signing tonight in Montreal?)

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 11:32:12PM +0100, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:
> * Adam Di Carlo (Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 07:01:54PM -0500)
> > In article <19981209231529.B21329@hastur.@>, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@debian.org> writes:
> > > There is a config file for xearth which tells the location of
> > > debian developers <http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.xearth>
> > > maybe we could use that a little more than before?
> >
> > It's doubtful when that file contains only 49 out of 300+ debian
> > developers, and, furthermore, when developers maybe already populating
> > information for themselves at <http://db.debian.org/> and will note
> > that that information hasn't propogated anywhere.  Just another
> > disjointed effort?
>
> I don't know.  Maybe tha map file could be automagically updated
> from  <http://db.debian.org/>?  Would that be an idea?

Not only is it an idea, it would be extremely easy to do once the
database is up and running. The database is 90% done. Work stopped
on it because I got sidetracked when considering adding package
information to the database (maintainer, version in distro, etc).

One problem is that the purpose of the database is not well defined.
It is extremely close to being able to centralize a lot of the administration
of the project but is missing key items. We need to better define exactly
what we want it to do. Implementation is then easy.

Jay Treacy