Re: Nomination

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 11:56:34AM -0600, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> > And even then I'd hit irc to see what people think.  I'm very much an irc
> > person, so this would be easy for me to do.
>
> But some of us are not irc people, and for others irc would be difficult or
> impossible even if they were inclined to use it.  I would not like to see
> Debian become irc-centric.

Certainly not.  I believe the current system of email is most appropriate
most of the time.  The fact that I am an irc person just makes me easier
to reach for other irc people who would prefer a /msg to writing an
email.

irc is terribly unfair to those who have per-minute charges, for example.
It is therefore unsuited to the global nature of Debian.

--
"You're despicable."  -- Daffy Duck