Re: Nomination

john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Joseph Carter writes:
> > And even then I'd hit irc to see what people think.  I'm very much an irc
> > person, so this would be easy for me to do.
>
> But some of us are not irc people, and for others irc would be difficult or
> impossible even if they were inclined to use it.  I would not like to see
> Debian become irc-centric.

IRC is just one another way to communicate with others.  Practice has shown
that it it quite usable to come to decisions and coordinate efforts when
something has to be done quickly.  It has shown that some things are just
easier than they would have been when using mail, snail mail or phones.

Like I said, it is one another way to communicate.  Nobody is forced
to use it, but if you do you could benefit from it.  This is - btw. -
the only way to get a large amount of developers into realtime
discussions etc.  We can't meet in real life at the same time.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum

Please always Cc to me when answering on the lists.