Re: Nomination

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 10:39:52PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> [ Please send replies to -devel, Cc's to me encouraged ]
>
> When I originally stated my interest in running for Debian project leader, I
> was unsure if I really would be a good candidate or not, so I offered to run
> if others believed I should.
>
> I am confident that I can be a good leader for Debian, and I'm pleased that
> others who have commented seem to agree.  With this message I announce my
> intention to run for Debian project leader.

<big snip of campaigning>

I just wanted to state that I have met Joseph in person in the process of
moving, and have talked with him on IRC several times. I've followed his
posts on the mailing lists and am always impressed by his ability to listen
to someone else's perspective, reply to it, and present his own opinion
without inciting flamewars. I also tend to think that a more active voice
from the Project Leader on the mailing lists and on IRC would be a Good
Thing (tm).

Joseph -- I think you would make a good project leader, and support you.

--
Nathan E. Sandver, KC7SQK
nsandver@debian.org