Re: /home as noexec and X

*-"Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uhlar@fantomas.sk>

| -> Ship's Log, Lt. Ben Gertzfield, Stardate 091298.0823:
| -> > an sh script, but I totally agree; Debian should not require
| -> > ~/.xsession to be executable. I don't think any other Unixes do.
| ->
| -> redhat does ...
|
| probably exactly to be possible for user to decide what shell to use;

I don't see a problem. If the user wants to choose a weird shell,
perl or even prolog, he would only have to make the file executable.

This proposal (not requiring excutable .xsession) loses nothing and
gains something.

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
                                        (Erd\H{o}s P&aacute;l)