Intend to package SLab

Hello,

I want to package the program SLab as *.deb to contribute to the
worldwide Linux-community. I already contacted the author and he is
willing to support me. The description for slab is below:

Title:          SLab Recording Studio Software
Version:        2.20.1
Entered-date:   6MAY98
                with 64-16-8-4-2 configuration. Per track digital
                dynamics and digital filters. Stereo bus groupings,
                VU metering, continuous controller recording (mixdown
                sessions). 16 Effects send busses with stereo effects
                API, FX chaining, signal level trimming, bus/FX bypass.
                Includes echo, reverb, flange, phase, chorus, leslie,
                valve, compressor, limitor, stereographic EQ, etc.
                Wave editor, cut/copy/paste/fade/reverse/etc, n-undo
                backout edit support, sample loop previewing, freehand
                wave painting, zero cross detection, metronomic bar/beat
                and SMPTE frame selection editing.
                Full tape spooling with location memories, SMPTE
counters.
                Up to 16 IO channels (8 Stereo devs), with both input
                and output noise reduction processing, audio data
                compression to disk, audio metronome.
                TCL/TK 8.0 based "drag and drop" user interface.
                MultiProcessing/shared memory mix engine.
                Kernel requires SYSV_IPC,
                OSS 3.5.4/k2.0 for half duplex,
                OSS 3.8/k2.1 for (GUS MAX, etc) full duplex,
                OSS/Linux 3.8/k2.1 for SoundBlaster full duplex.