Re: Intent to package Zope

Gregor Hoffleit <flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.DE> writes:

> I'd like to announce the intention to package Zope (http://www.zope.org),
> the Z Object Publishing Environment. Zope is an "open source web
> application platform used for building high-performance, dynamic web
> sites" and it's the successor of the proprietary product Principia.
>
> Zope is distributed under the terms of the Zope Public License
> (http://www.zope.org/License, modelled after Apache's license), which is
> being submitted for OSD branding, therefore I'll target it for main, once
> the license is established as OS.

Please check debian-legal for discussion on the zope license.

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-legal-9812/msg00085.html
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-legal-9812/msg00086.html
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-legal-9812/msg00087.html

As it is some kind of discriminating against users which use it on
production systems, it is considered non-free.

Jens

--
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de       grimaldi@debian.org
KeyID: 2048/E451C639 1998/01/28