Re: critical bugs which can be closed or demoted

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:
> On 6 Dec 1998, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> 27381 libg++272-dev and libstdc++2.8-dev conflict, being both
>> standard!!  ------------------------------------------ Fixed in
>> slink/potato; not something we're going to bother fixing for hamm
>> anyway, [...]

> Why not?

Oic, I thought the bug was that the two conflicted, not that they both
had priority extra.

> This *should* have been fixed for Debian 2.0r4, released yesterday!
> Does nobody care about sane priority values?

Maybe nobody filed the bug in the right place.  Email should be sent
to override-changes@debian.org or a bug sent to ftp.debian.org.

Santiago, can you do this?

> Regarding slink, there are still a lot of insane priority values.
> Will they be fixed soon, by the ftp.debian.org maintainers, or are
> they waiting for bug reports?

Santiago, have you considered formulating a list and submitting it as
an important bug to ftp.debian.org (CC this list, too).