Re: More problems for non-US?

On Sun, Dec 06, 1998 at 12:53:53AM +1300, Michael Beattie wrote:

> I just feel so powerless... There is not a hell of a lot a few "rabid
> linux junkies" can do about the whole deal.

Actually, I don't know if we really are alone on this one - most big
software companies are certainly not in favor of this stuff - and
never asked for restrictions in other countries, but rather relaxation
of our(US) laws.

I wonder if SPI might be able to organize some civil disobbedience of
some sort.  The computer industry is rather vital, at this point.
Maybe something a long the lnes of that export-a-crypto web page, but
bigger and more high profile.

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org