Re: More problems for non-US?

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> > I see 1984 just around the corner.
>
> Yes...they seem to have missed their deadline by a few years....
> at least they are still trying. Once they achieve it, they can just go
> back and change the name of Orwells book to whatever the current year is.
>
> no wait...since that book deals with thought crime, it would be double plus
> ungood. Must change articles and other books, refs to unbook.

Oooo... Dont start me. I hated that book.

> I don't care how many laws they put against it...I wont stop using encryption
> until they pry my keyboard from my dead fingers. The more laws they pass...
> the greater I get an urge to break the law.

Yeah... thats the spirit.

> All this just gives ya that warm fuzzy feeling inside doesn't it. I love
> Big Brother. Big Brother is doubleplusgood.
>
> Im just waiting for the USDOJ to be renamed the ministry of love

I just feel so powerless... There is not a hell of a lot a few "rabid
linux junkies" can do about the whole deal.

That quote is actually supposed to be: "But IBM's just a pack of rabid
java junkies." I heard Bill was crying when he said that.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                       Where am I? Who are these people?