Re: No more .deb on KDE ftp

Le Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 05:17:55PM +0100, Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR écrivait:
> Hence we are not distributing it currently, not even as non-free.

Please, stop repeating the same thing. I know that.

In this big thread I can remember that an argument in favour of the
deletion of kde .debs IN Debian was that people that do need .deb for
KDE can find them on the KDE FTP server.... I agree that Debian does not
distribute KDE but KDE distribute KDE so why not in .deb too as they
already did ?

> I am sorry about the mess but it is Debian's policy to make certain that
> our distribution has no legal problems.

But the KDE ftp server is not a debian server. I really see no reason
why KDE would not ship KDE .debs as they seemed to disagree with Debian
conclusion that redistributing KDE with Qt was not allowed.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/