Re: Random idea of the day (debian-business)

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 11:51:58PM +0000, Tom Lees wrote:

> We would HAVE to be commercial to get this kind of support. And that
> might take some doing, due to the international nature of Debian...

Debian will never be commercial like Redhat - so that wasn't my idea
so much as providing a place for those groups of individuals who do
have commercial interests in Debian to communicate and share ideas,
and have an 'official' way to communicate with the Debian developers.

> > be quite like this, but making it a little easier certainly wouldn't
> > hurt...  We don't even sell CD's, which even the FSF does.
>
> Selling CDs would be a great idea. With full books for manuals, etc.
> even better!

Maybe having this list/web page would foster the kind of people who
are interested and have the resources to do this.

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org