Packages compiled against GTK+1.1 <= 1.1.4 *MUST BE RECOMPILED*!
- To: Jim Pick <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Packages compiled against GTK+1.1 <= 1.1.4 *MUST BE RECOMPILED*!
- From: Ben Gertzfield <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Dec 1998 11:36:57 -0800
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Jim Pick's message of "01 Dec 1998 09:38:44 -0800"
- References: <email@example.com> <handler.s.C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Hi, folks. The libgtk1.1 package in slink is unfortunately not
binary-compatible with the libgtk1.1 package in potato; slink's is
1.1.3 and potato's is 1.1.4.
I've decided to make the soname be part of the package name from now
on, and starting with gtk+/glib 1.1.5 (both in Incoming right now) the
source and binary package names will be like:
source: gtk+1.1.5 => binary: libgtk1.1.5, libgtk1.1.5-dev, libgtk1.1.5-dbg..
source: glib1.1.5 => binary: libglib1.1.5, libglib1.1.5-dev, libglib1.1.5-dbg..
Here is a list of package in slink that are dependant upon the old
libgtk1.1 package. They *must* be recompiled for potato against the
new gtk+1.1.5 sometime soon, as I will be requesting the old libgtk1.1
package be removed from potato as soon as no more packages are
dependant upon it.
Here is a list of the package in slink that are dependant upon the old
libgtk1.1 package (sorry, no potato list yet) -- courtesty of Jim Pick
and a little Perl munging:
Any maintainer who has a package in this list must grab the new GLib
and GTK+ from Incoming and recompile their packages for potato. You
don't have to upload the fixed packages yet, as it's taking a little
while for the new GLib and GTK+ to be accepted into the archives, but
please do the recompile as soon as possible.
Brought to you by the letters R and X and the number 9.
"Hello! We are only joke. It is funny enough." -- Orz, SCII
Debian GNU/Linux -- where do you want to go tomorrow? http://www.debian.org/
I'm on FurryMUCK as Che, and EFNet and YiffNet IRC as Che_Fox.