Re: Content-Length harmful

On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 12:41:09AM -0500, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> Actually, I really enjoyed reading through that page and was completely
> convinced against Content-Length by those arguments.  The big thing: if I
> change my mailbox file with a text editor (yes, I do this sometimes), I have
> to count bytes and change the header.

Hmm; as long as all your mail software is consistent and not buggy,
it should be fine, as far as I can tell.

Something similar is used in batches of news sent over UUCP.
(I wrote a UUCP email/news system for a DOS bulletin board package
a few years back, so I'm used to dealing with stuff like this :-)

Hamish