Re: Unidentified subject!

On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 01:19:35AM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:

> Quoting Avery Pennarun (apenwarr@worldvisions.ca):
> > I've become a real fan of Maildir since I first ran into it in qmail.  It's
> > just such a better idea, and you don't have to quote lines beginning with
> > From when they're delivered...
>
> With a proper content-length header (and an MUA bright enought to grok
> it) you don't need to quote From's in an mbox either...

True.  But no MTA I know of trusts MUAs enough to not quote the From line,
at least by default.

Since this is Debian, we could add policy that ALL Debian MUAs must honour
the Content-Length (maybe they all do anyway) and MTA's should be set up to
expect this.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Have fun,

Avery